Feed Durham parties are designed not only to bring communities together but also to collect items to donate to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Below are several resources you can use to help plan your own Feed Durham party.
party PLANNING guide
The party pack includes party suggestions, helpful instructions, and tips for hosting.
- Pick up cards from STORYCHURCH and fill them out. Hand them to neighbors and co-workers.
- Create a Facebook Event
- Utilize your neighborhood's Nextdoor message board to invite your neighbors
- Use sites like Evite, Eventbrite, or Paperless Post to create online invitations to email to your guests.
Make sure to communicate your goal of collecting at least 100 cans or items :)
what to bring
The Food Bank Of Central and Eastern North Carolina provides an excellent graphic of the type of items they need. Remember all donations must be non-perishable and not used or expired.
*It is 2 pages. Make sure to scroll to the bottom. It's also included in the Party Planning Guide.
types of gatherings
- Dessert/Ice cream Party on the front lawn or office break room
- Potluck--Have guests bring a food item to share along with cans to donate
- Cook-out--You provide the meal and the guests bring the cans
- Raffle- Set up a box on your front porch or by your office for your friends to donate their cans. As they donate, write their names down on a slip of paper. Draw a name at the end of the day and hand out a prize.
Drop-off your cans anytime between 11am-3pm at STORYCHURCH during our Feed Durham Festival on Saturday March 24th or bring your cans to service on Sunday at 10AM on March 25th.
STORYCHURCH- 100 Pleasant Dr. Durham 27703
Celebrate with us:
Once everyone has had their own work and neighborhood parties, we'll come together for a BIG party! Join us, along with all your party guests, at the Feed Durham Celebration on Saturday March 24, 2018 from 11am-3pm. (Registration will open in January)
There will be FREE food, games, face painting, and even an egg hunt. Then we hope to see you back at STORYCHURCH on Sunday March 25th at 10AM, where we will have all of the cans displayed, and you and your friends can see what 2,500 cans of food look like!
Feel free to share these images on social media or to use in your invitations.